It’s the last day of 2011, and it seems appropriate to think back over the last year and make new resolutions for the year to come. I recently wrote a post about my 1st year of blogging, in which I told how far I felt I’ve come this past year. Although, physically, I haven’t lost half as much weight as I’ve wanted to, mentally I’ve come a long way. Here’s a link to that post:
My personal opinion has always been that weight loss is at least 80% mental approach/attitude and 20% exercise and healthy eating. Once you’ve overcome the mental barriers that hold you back from really achieving what you want to, you can then put the physical wheels in motion. I’ve managed to mentally achieve a lot in 2011, and even though I still have a long way to go, I feel as if I’ve laid the ground work for really applying all I’ve learned to how I’m going to live my life in 2012.
So, here are a few resolutions I want to achieve in the New Year:
- Go Large in January. Much to my own disgust, I really let go during December. I gave in to every food/drink whim and have managed to pick up 2kg again. In a month! So, I’m going to spend January doing a lot of gym work and really going lean on my food intake. I want to just kick things off so that I can get my head in the game again.
- Races, Race & More Races! My enthusiasm for running really fizzled out towards the end of 2011, and I felt really guilty about that. I actually ran a 10km race and then just never did anything much after that. I’m really disappointed with myself and want to do better in 2012. I want to get back into the running groove and run a few more 5km, then definitely do another 10km and see how I go from there.
- Be conscious of my eating. Since joining Weight Watchers, I have access to a lot of their online resources which includes food logging. I did no such thin during December and I want to get back in control of what I’m eating. I’m also going to keep planning my weekly menus and do most of my cooking myself.
- Photography. I’m not sure if I ever mentioned it, but I’m passionate about photography. For my 28th birthday, my amazing boyfriend bought me a new Canon 550D camera. Needless to say, I was over the moon! I want to spend 2012 learning more about photography and hopefully turning it into a craft that I can hopefully make a living out of one day.
- Learn something new. There are so many things I’ve always been interested in and I want to spend 2012 just learning new things. Whether that’s doing a course of some kind, learning to tango or just attending lectures that I find interesting. I want to stimulate the brain a bit more!
- Volunteer. I’ve been wanting to do this for some time, but never seem to actually get to it. I’m very passionate about animals and our environment and want to help any which way I can.
- Change. It’s time for me to make a lot of changes in my life and I think 2012 is the year for me to really do this. There’s a lot I want to do and achieve, and I want to really put my mind to making the changes I need. Whatever those changes are, I want them. And I want them really badly. Change is always good, right?
Well, those are (in a very vague and general way) my New Years’ Resolutions for 2012. What are yours??
I WISH YOU ALL A HAPPY NEW YEAR & I HOPE YOU ACHIEVE ALL YOU WANT TO!!
(pictures courtesy of http://www.someecards.com)