Here’s a tough question….
Gun to your head, and in all honesty, you have to choose 3 things both physical and character wise you love about yourself and 3 things you’d like to change about yourself…What would they be?
It’s actually much harder than you think, because you have to be really honest with yourself and painfully so. On the one hand, you don’t necessarily want to face things that are really not your best feature or personality trait; alternatively, when confronted with it, most people have a really hard time coming up with things that they can honestly say they love about themselves. A little something to think about on a Friday afternoon….
So, to kick things off, I’ll go first!
3 Physical Things I Like About Myself
- MY EYES. I have lovely green eyes, but try to hide them from people on most occasions. I’m not even sure why, because when I give eye contact, most people will actually compliment me on them. Compliments are always great, so I should really flutter them eyelashes a bit more!
- MY HAIR. I’m a brunette, who is unfortunately starting to go a little grey, but that’s what hair dye is there for, right? Well, I have lovely long hair which is neither straight, nor madly curly. At times it’s a bit of a mission to tame in the mornings, but maybe that gives it volume. I regularly get complimented on my hair, which is great. My favourite compliment up to date? “Your hair looks really great! Is it real?” Yes. One hundred percent yes. And I’m proud of that.
- MY BUTT. I’ve thought about this, and it had to be added to the list. Do I have a supermodel’s ass? No. Do I have a fabulously toned ass? No. Can you bounce a quarter off my fabulously firm ass? No. But, it’s still a good ass. No too big, not too small. It jiggles a bit, but in a good way. It’s a good ass and that’s all there is to it.
3 Character Traits I Like About Myself
- MY QUIRKINESS. I’m a bit of a weirdo, but I like that. It makes me unique and people who know me, like that about me too. I think a little outside the box, and I tend to save most of my crazy for when I’m home with my equally weird boyfriend, but I’m not just your average Joe. At least I make people laugh…even if it’s at me and not with me. 😉
- WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET. Need I say more? I’m a pretty straight forward person and I wear my emotions on my sleeve. No BS. That’s probably why I’m such a bad liar, but I’ll always be honest with people. This is me….you either take it or leave it.
- I’M LOYAL. Let me explain…..my friends mean everything to me, and I will go to the ends of the earth for them. If I can, I will. You can’t put a price on great friends and it’s a bond that should always be nurtured and valued.
Well, that was the good, now for the not so good bits…..
3 Physical Things I Dislike About Myself
- MY BELLY. If I could change only one thing about myself, it would be this. It’s what I’m most self-conscious about and I desperately want to change it. Every morning that I get dressed, my fashion choices revolve purely around what will hide my belly the most. Unfortunately, I’ve heard that the belly is always the last to go, so I’m just gonna have to keep pounding on that treadmill!
- MY LEGS. Back in the day when I was a Slim-Jim, I had really lean and toned legs. Now, they resemble tree-trunks and my pale skin doesn’t help things either. I’m desperately hoping that their “shapeliness” will return if I lose weight. As for the pastiness….well, there’s not much I can do about that!
- MY MULTIPLE CHINS. That’s right, I have one normal person chin, but she has a best buddy hanging about that just won’t seem to budge. I already have chubby cheeks as it is, so I can’t really say that the double chin is my most attractive facial feature. Fingers crossed that this will be another thing that disappears with loads of exercise!
3 Character Traits That I Dislike About Myself
- MY IMPATIENCE. I have absolutely zero patience. I want things to work or people to do their jobs properly, and if that doesn’t happen, I get snippy. And it doesn’t take long for me to get snippy either. I can’t deal with people who have no common-sense or who are rude, and I will in turn snap at them. I know this is really terrible and sometimes can be a bit unfair, but my fuse is generally very short, so I seriously advise you to know what the hell you’re doing/saying before dealing with me.
- MY UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS. One of my biggest problems is that I expect other people to act or react the same way I would. For instance, if I do someone a favour, I expect a polite and heartfelt thank you. To me that’s just good manners, but when I don’t get the response I want or would have given myself, I get really annoyed and I judge people for it. I just expect way too much from people and always seem disappointed in return. But if I just lowered my expectations, I would never be disappointed. This is one I really need to put into practice, but it’s really hard!
- I‘M JUDGMENTAL. I know that in general, people will pass judgment on others, but I’m really bad. I will judge a person on one single aspect of their lives that I disapprove of, and not consider the person as a whole. Things are not always black & white, and I often forget that. Besides, what makes me so flawless that I can go around judging others? Nothing. I really need to work on this!
Well, there you go…..Those are the things I like/dislike about myself. It’s not all that easy to think about or change these things, but it’s worth a try, because you find out more about yourself.
Now, it’s your turn! Go on…..what would you pick?