Keeping in mind that I might make alterations and updates as I go along, here is the great WEIGHT LOSS PLAN…….
First of all, I’d like to say that I don’t particularly believe in diets and completely cutting out certain foods or food groups. I’ve tried this before without any success and cutting out bread was a complete disaster. To this day, my boyfriend and I refer to it as the “Breadroll Incident of 2008″……perhaps one day I’ll explain that one! So, I want to tackle this as more of a lifestyle change and complete overhaul of my eating habits. I’ve spoken with nutritionists regarding this, so am pretty confident that I know what I’m doing. I’ll post a lot of easy and healthy recipes on my “Recipes” page, so keep an eye out for that.
Secondly, I need to exercise more. It’s as simple as that. This will be one of my biggest challenges, and I’m hoping with encouragement and results that I can stick to the regime I lay out for myself. I’ve tried so many gyms over the years and I’ve never been a regular user. So, I’ve bought myself a new pair of running shoes and aim to be doing that instead. I live close to a park, so that’ll help with scenery! Also, I bought a rowing machine about a year ago (which I never use), so will be dragging that out of storage for those rainy days, or when I’m not in the mood for a run. Lastly, I’ve signed up to a beginners Pilates class. Every Tuesday, I’ll be heading over to the Awareness Centre for some stretching and toning action. 😉
Thirdly, I don’t want to over-complicate my life, so have drawn up a few simple rules that I HAVE to follow every day/week. So without any further ado, here are my 10 new rules for adopting a better and healthier lifestyle:
1. Drink 1.5litres of water a day.
2. No more than 2 cups of coffee a day.
3. Take a healthy packed lunch and snacks to work every day (Not only will this save me money, but it’ll stop me from buying some horribly calorific lunch).
4. Have one meal a day with absolutely no carbs.
5. Stop eating when I feel full and stop having the same portions sizes as my boyfriend.
6. I can have one indulgent thing a week. Preferably on a weekend, and nothing too overboard that’ll ruin my hard work in the week.
7. Plan all my meals for the week ahead, so no unnecessary shopping or food wastage.
8. Cut down on the amount of wine I drink.
9. Do exercise at least 4 days of the week. Running, rowing and Pilates. It doesn’t matter which days and in which order, as long as I do a minimum of 4 days exercise a week.
10. Walk up escalators and stairs. Also, walk from or to the station whenever possible.
Hopefully, by following these 10 rules, I’ll be able to achieve my goal. I think the above are all easy and achievable rules, so it won’t be a big shock to the system. I believe that if you make smaller and more regular changes to your life, they’re easier to do and easier to stick to. I’m sure I’ll be adding to them as I go along, but I feel confident starting with these ten.
So, here’s to the next year of my life & making the changes I need to be a happier me.
Wish me luck!! 🙂