I am very happy with myself today. Why?
Well, I had a “weigh-in” this morning and found out that in the last 6 weeks, I’ve lost 3.6kg. YAY!! Now, I know it doesn’t sound like much, but it’s the crucial bit I’ve been waiting for. I’ve seen a drop in my body fat percentage and I’ve gone down a dress size (which felt great), but I’ve been aching to lose some actual kilos. It might sound silly, but it’s the extra bit of motivation and incentive I’ve been needing.
Although my body fat percentage has stayed the same, I’m at least losing something. I’m feeling great and am on the right path to losing even more. I have to say, that everyone should give MyFitnessPal a try. It’s so easy to use and also a very reliable way of calorie counting. It’s just been such a help! I’m becoming much more aware of what I’m putting into my body. Monitoring what I’m eating has also become a lot easier and I’m adding even more responsibility and accountability to my regime, which I find are good building blocks. I seem to have finally found an easy way of managing my food intake on a daily basis.
I did slack a little on the exercise front over the Easter weekend, but did loads of house and garden work. In my mind, I justified that as exercise! 🙂 I was back at the gym yesterday though, and put in a really good session. I really had to talk myself into going, but I’m so glad that I did. I felt great when I got up this morning. Never underestimate the positive effects of a good workout!
Well, I just wanted to share the good news with everyone. I feel as though I can finally say……Yay for me! 🙂
I’m quite proud of myself! Allow me to explain….
For the last couple of weeks, all I’ve been craving is a cupcake from the Hummingbird Bakery. There is no cupcake in existence as amazing as a Hummingbird cupcake. Anyone who’s tasted one will agree with me. I’ve practically been dreaming of their cupcakes. Yes, the craving is that bad.
It’s a thing of beauty, but it’s also a heart stoppingly good 300 calories worth of beauty.
Well, on Friday I actually almost went to the bakery in my lunch hour to buy some cupcakes. But I resisted! Instead, I bought myself some beautiful flowers instead. Bright pink and pale pink gerberas – my favourite flowers. As a friend pointed out, the flowers will last longer and are gorgeous to look at. Also, they won’t add anything to my waistline. Result!
My Gorgeous Gerberas!
However, I guarantee you that come next week, I’ll still be craving those damn cupcakes! Ans so ensues the battle between willpower and tastebuds…..Wish me luck! 🙂
A couple of new and exciting things to tell you about……
1. As much as I’ve hated doing this in the past, I’ve realised that I’m probably going to have to start calorie counting again. Nothing major, but I just want to make sure that I’m within my calorie range limit every day. I’ve been eating really healthily & I can feel the benefits of that, but I think it’s time to take it to the next level. I’m going to give it a go for a while and will let you guys know how things go….
2. I’m going to start a separate blog just for my recipes. I know I’ve been lagging with that a bit lately, but I just feel that the current layout doesn’t allow me to get really into the recipe side of this. If I start a separate recipe blog, it’ll be better categorized and easier for you guys to use too. I’ll just have a link to it on my current recipe page, so not much of a mission to get to. Please keep your eyes peeled for this, as I’m hoping to have it done by the end of the week! 🙂
3. Last, but not least……I’ve signed up to do various charity runs this year, which I’m super excited about. It’ll be really good for me to have things to aim towards, so here’s my running schedule for 2011 (so far):
- 20th March – Clapham Common 5km with a friend of mine
- 3rd July – Clapham Common 5km with a friend of mine
- 10th July – British 10km for Dogs Trust (10km….Eeeeek!)
- 17th July – Race for Life 5km in Hyde Park with a friend of mine
- 17th September – 5km Tree-Athlon in Battersea Park
Well, that’s the plan so far. I will update you guys on any additional developments. Also, if there’s any runs/events anyone’s doing and they need a partner, just give me a shout. If I can, I will! 🙂
Let the training begin!