There are a few new developments I wanted to share with you all….
- As some of you may have noticed, I’ve changed the layout of my blog. I think it’s much more user-friendly this way and I like the new look. I hope you guys like it too!
- As I said in my last post, I’m loving my new training gear. It really was the best money I ever spent! I went for a run in the park this morning, and my shins felt great during and after the run. It’s amazing not having to worry about my shins when I want to go for a run. Now I can just get up and go for it!
- I’m trying to up the distance I’m running each week. I’ve been averaging about 10km a week in my training for a while now, and have decided it’s time to up this to about 20km a week. I’m getting there though. I managed 14km this week, and can only keep improving. So that’s my aim for the time being. I’ll address this again when I’ve reached and maintained my target for a while. You can actually have a peek at my weekly training on my DailyMile page.
- I’ve signed up for a few more runs/walks in the upcoming months. Here they are….
Adidas Women’s 5K Challenge on the 11th of September
Run Richmond Park 5K on the 1st of October
BHF 18 mile Chilterns Way Walk on the 8th of October
Well, that’s what’s new with me at the moment. What’s new with you?
As I mentioned in an earlier post, I’ve decided to run the British 10K in July this year. Kinda exciting! 🙂
I’m a bit scared though, because after recently running the Clapham Common 5km, I’ve discovered that I still have quite a long way to go. I’ve been running regularly on the treadmill at the gym, and I manage to run between 4 – 5km every time I go. But despite this, there is quite a big difference between running on the treadmill and running in the park. So I’m slowly going to have to train myself to get comfortable running both inddors and outdoors before July.
I’ve got a 10 week training programme that a fellow runner has worked out for me and I want to stick to that a closely as possible. Having said that, I will have to listen to my body though and take it one step at a time. In addition to this, I want to make a firm commitment to myself that I’ll go to the gym every other day. I’ll only bend this rule in exceptional circumstances. I think that if I can stick to the above, I’ll be able to manage the 10km just fine.
Speaking of the 10km…….I’m running in aid of Dogs Trust and would really appreciate any donations to this worthy cause. No donation is too small and every penny really does help. I firmly believe every dog should be a happy dog, so please help me make this happen! You can donate at the below link….
Well, wish me luck for the next 10 weeks of training!
A couple of new and exciting things to tell you about……
1. As much as I’ve hated doing this in the past, I’ve realised that I’m probably going to have to start calorie counting again. Nothing major, but I just want to make sure that I’m within my calorie range limit every day. I’ve been eating really healthily & I can feel the benefits of that, but I think it’s time to take it to the next level. I’m going to give it a go for a while and will let you guys know how things go….
2. I’m going to start a separate blog just for my recipes. I know I’ve been lagging with that a bit lately, but I just feel that the current layout doesn’t allow me to get really into the recipe side of this. If I start a separate recipe blog, it’ll be better categorized and easier for you guys to use too. I’ll just have a link to it on my current recipe page, so not much of a mission to get to. Please keep your eyes peeled for this, as I’m hoping to have it done by the end of the week! 🙂
3. Last, but not least……I’ve signed up to do various charity runs this year, which I’m super excited about. It’ll be really good for me to have things to aim towards, so here’s my running schedule for 2011 (so far):
- 20th March – Clapham Common 5km with a friend of mine
- 3rd July – Clapham Common 5km with a friend of mine
- 10th July – British 10km for Dogs Trust (10km….Eeeeek!)
- 17th July – Race for Life 5km in Hyde Park with a friend of mine
- 17th September – 5km Tree-Athlon in Battersea Park
Well, that’s the plan so far. I will update you guys on any additional developments. Also, if there’s any runs/events anyone’s doing and they need a partner, just give me a shout. If I can, I will! 🙂
Let the training begin!