Today I decided to cancel my Weight Watchers membership. I know there might be some people out there that might not agree with this, but my reasons are as follows….
- I can’t always find the time to attend specific sessions, which in turn means that I don’t have regular “weigh-ins”. I do try my best, but sometimes it’s just not possible to get to every week’s session.
- I pay £20 a month for a service I can’t always attend. It just seems silly to pay money for something that I’m not getting a full service out of.
- Their online weight loss tools are really effective, but I find that it’s not as accurate and user-friendly as I’d anticipated. I sometimes don’t always have time to update this every day, so end up missing days of logging food. This in turn is not an accurate record of what I’m eating every week.
- The meetings were interesting, but in the long run, they weren’t as supporting as I’d hoped for. I’m not quite sure what I expected in the first place, but it wasn’t really what I was looking for.
- The “weigh-ins” were really helpful to begin with, but eventually I found them really demotivating. It always seemed that on the weeks where I’d be working really hard on eating right and exercising, I’d end up gaining weight. Then on the weeks where I’d been less strict with myself, I’d lose weight. It just got to the point where I couldn’t wrap my head around it, and they kept asking me if I was really following the program properly! I ended up feeling really frustrated and would turn to food to make me feel better.
- Most importantly, I found that they didn’t really address a person’s relationship with food. It all boiled down to points you were consuming every day. Even if I was eating less healthy food, I’d just try to make sure I didn’t go over my daily points. And if I did, I’d just add them onto my weekly points and would sometimes even go over on those! It just seemed that I never really addressed my lifestyle in relation to food. I just ended up trying to cheat the system so that I could still eat what I was eating before and get away with it!
Well, there are my reasons. I just want to reiterate that these are my personal views, and Weight Watchers might have worked wonders for others. Everyone’s different, and unfortunately this just never really worked for me. I tried, I really did, but it just wasn’t meant to be for me.
In the meantime, I’m still sticking to my gym schedule and am trying to address my issues around food.
Every day as it comes right?!